Legion

Discussion of television and streaming shows.
BoxOfficeReport
Site Admin

Legion

Post by BoxOfficeReport » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:18 pm

I don't have time to watch a lot of tv shows (I usually can't even find the time for the movies I want to see), but I am going to try to catch all of Legion on FX.

Wasn't blown away by the first episode, but I did enjoy it quite a bit.

Part of the reason I've really been looking forward to Legion, is that I was a big fan of the Legion Quest X-Men comics crossover that led into Age of Apocalypse back in the mid 90s. Though the Legion television series is set in a separate stand-alone universe.

House Harkonnen

Re: Legion

Post by House Harkonnen » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:16 am

This is definitely on my list of shows to watch and I plan on starting it later this week. I haven't seen the first episode yet, but it has Dan Stevens which is a plus in my book. I highly recommend "The Guest," which was my first encounter with Mr. Stevens. Hope this show represents. Further updates inbound in the future.

BoxOfficeReport
Site Admin

Post by BoxOfficeReport » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:42 pm

Have been slowly catching up with Legion. Five episodes down, three episodes to go. Hoping to get another episode or two in later today.

I especially like how often the show goes back to certain memories/images. It helps to keep those images implanted in your head after the fact, which is kinda cool given what's happening to/within David's mind in the series.

House Harkonnen

Post by House Harkonnen » Thu May 25, 2017 8:32 am

I finished it on time when the last episode aired.

I must say that I agree with your assessment and would highly recommend this show for anyone looking for a deviation from your typical show. I like the narrative of the story and the direction they take it. Definitely a lot more to say in regards to the show, but don't want to give away any spoilers.

Other shows that I would recommend: The Expanse, Taboo, American Gods (still under review, but worthwhile so far), and Preacher.

Of course Game of Thrones is on that list, but sticking to either ongoing or recent shows. There is a long list of recommendations, but keeping the list small.

BoxOfficeReport
Site Admin

Post by BoxOfficeReport » Sun May 28, 2017 7:28 pm

I'm so ready for season 2 of Legion already lol.